Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My hair straightener left a stain on my counter, is there any way to get rid of it?

I left my bright green straightener on all day and it ended up leaving a yellow stain.My hair straightener left a stain on my counter, is there any way to get rid of it?
If it's wood, sand it. That's about it.My hair straightener left a stain on my counter, is there any way to get rid of it?
nope
Try a paste made of water and Oxyclean. It is pretty amazing. If that doesn't work, buy some TSP powder from any paint store. It will take out any stain but will also likely take thee finish of the counter if you use too strong a mixture. Start by using half as much powder as it says on the label and rinse if off quick.
Try a pumice stone.





First check it on a spot that is not as visible, like the edge next to the tub to see if it leaves a bad looking mark.
If it is marble or a solid surface, you can take 500 grit sand paper and lightly sand the area until the stain is gone, then take a piece of 1000 grit and do the same until its smooth, finally wipe the area with marble polish, should be good as new.
depends what kind of counter it is - if it si melamine then forget it - if it is granite then yes - if it is any type of plastic base than forget it
  • cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment