Sunday, February 12, 2012

Best hair straighteners?

I'm looking to buy a new straightener, mine just isn't satisfying me. I usually straighten my hair almost everyday. I want one that will NOT damage my hair and will reeeeally straighten my hair. Right now, I have the Remington Wet2Straight Flat Iron...a lot of people like it, but I turn it up alll the way and it STILL doesn't straighten my hair very well.



I have really thick wavy hair. Kinda frizzy too, and I'm afraid of damaging it. I'm looking to spend under $100.Best hair straighteners?
As a stylist, I have used a lot of flat irons/hair straighteners, including Sedu, Hai, Infrashine, Chi, Paul Mitchell, Solia, Big Sexy, Andis, Babyliss Ghd, T3, Kenta etc. You should get a Professional hair straightener, they style much better and faster, and most importantly, they protect your hair.



In terms of performance:



The best ones are: Sedu, Kenta, Solia, Infrashine, Ghd. These are top of the line professional brands



Above average: Chi, Hai, Paul Mitchell,



Average: T3, Big Sexy, Andis, Babyliss



Below Average: Conair, Vidal Sassoon, Revlon, Bed Head etc. These are cheap consumer brands that you will find in drugstore. If you care about your hair, do NOT buy them.



Helpful Flat Iron Instruction Video:



How to Curl Hair With Straightener



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfoihBOzP/a>



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k57daS_c_/a>



http://www.folica.com/info/curl-hair-fla/a>



http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-curl/a>



How to Use a Flat Iron



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov7NWAWPb/a>



How to Add Volume to Your Hair:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCyLM_kuu/a>



How to Create Sexy Waves with a Flat Iron



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7_Olhlb2/a>



How to Flip your Hair:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrMPuIdQ0/a>



=== Tips for buying professional hair appliances ===



Do NOT buy professional hair appliances from unauthorized places like amazom.com, eBay, Target, Walmart, etc. Because if you do, manufacturers will refuse to honor the warranty. Buy from licensed places like salon, licensed professional beauty stores like Folica.com, Ulta.com, West Coast Beauty Supply Inc. etcBest hair straighteners?
This won't cost you a cent and only has two steps. First, wet your finger. Then, insert it into a light socket.
charles worthington straightners i use them and an older girl once asked me at school ';what straightners do you use to get you're hair that straight'; believe me you're hair will be poker straight.
Sedu is the best. That's what my hair stylist use. I've tried many flat irons (CHI, TCP, T3 and GHD).
Try looking at walmart !
I'm in england - so no idea about america! The favouites from across the pond - lol - are GHD's which are available online or from hairdressers. However they f**k up your hair really badly, and have the tendency to literally blow themselves up - not good. So I did hunting for mine, and i found the Remington elegance 360 -think thats their name!- which have heat protection whilst straightening my thick frizz. they also have heat control, so you can choose heat depending on how much you need. I love them - and they are pink!!!!!!!

Alteratives - Braun satinstyler

anything with teflon or ion technology.



Afriend of mine has some emerald ones -litterally have emeralds ground up in them - which protects her colour and stops split ends!!!



hope i helped

xx
I got my Solia a few years back, it worked great for my hair (and my sister's hair too). Last August my sister went to a college in california, she took the Solia with her. Initially I wanted another Solia, but Jonna (my hair stylist) convinced me to get a Sedu. I did. Like Jonna said, Sedu is the best.



Now they have 2008 model (Sedu Revolution) , i can't wait to try it!
i could save you 100$, i have the same iron but i use Redeken 12 align [gel](usually in hair salons or a local store) it protects your hair from heat and it makes it smooth and not frizzy! if you set it to the temperature with the puffy cloud thingy (the first one with the steam cloud) it works really well without burning your hair up, (it may look like it frying your hair becuase of the steam but its not , its just becuase of the redeken stuff) Oh ya wait about 5 minutes to let the gel dry before straightining! GOOD LUCK
Wow we have like that same type of hair... I use CHI and it really works. it makes my hari look like it was never HUGE. lol good luck finding the right one.
GHD's are excellent...solid ceramic plates, heat up in 30 secs, if not used for 30 mins they go on ';sleep mode'; minimising risks of fires or burining something on if u accidently leave em on and they heat up to high temps meaning they get ur hair mega straight



any straightener will damage ur hair to an extent if u dont use the right products on ur hair.

- do regular deep conditioning treatments

- use leave in conditioner to help detangle ur hair

- where possible leave ur hair to dry naturally and if u do use it, use a serum or defrizz cream b4 using it

- use a thermal protection spray when straightening
TRY PAUL MITCHELL I HAVE IT IT SO GREATTTTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment