Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Looking for a quality hair straightener?

I would like a good hair straightener that can work well with my thick hair. I was told that to get a good hair straightener I must spend at least $200 on it. I would like to think that this is not true. Are there any straighteners out there that are inexpensive and good quality? Any recommendations/links/tips would help. Thanks!Looking for a quality hair straightener?
The CHI brand has really great straighteners!!!! I have a chi and I absolutely loooove mine! I have thick and wavy hair. It used to take me up to 40 minutes to straighten my hair with a crappy Revlon straightener (my hair is past my shoulders) but ever since I got my chi for my birthday, it takes me up to 15 minutes to straighten all of my hair!!! I got mine at Ulta for $100 (which is not bad for the brand) and it is hot pink and shimmery :) go to www.ulta.com and search hair tools and you will find an assortment of high quality straighteners.

Good luck!Looking for a quality hair straightener?
I love the TIGI Pro flat iron. It's brand new and features titanium plates that are negatively charged with Ions to seal down the cuticle and lock moisture in the hair. It leaves the hair shiny and straight. It has an LCD screen that shows the temperature and you can change the temp all the way up to 500 degrees. As well as this it senses the porosity of your hair and decreases in heat on places of the hair shaft that are more dry and brittle. I believe that it does retail at $170, but well worth it. Think of your styling tools as an investment. Higher quality will make your life easier and will last longer.



P.S. If you are in touch with anyone that has a cosmetology license they can purchase the flat iron at a beauty supply store such as Armstrong at a very discounted price. Other than this you can find it at Toni and Guy.
Spending 200$ on a straightener is ridiculous depending on how advanced you want your straightener you can get a good straightener at target for 30$ i suggest a straightener with multiple heats and non-curved heated plates (the things you put your hair in between) because it breaks your hair if there curved. Make sure it has high heat and it should work great
i have thick hair to...i recently bought a ghd straightner they are not cheap but it is the best straightner i've ever had look at ghd.com,they are about 100 bucks, but i had a diffrent one a long time ago it was by the maker jubilee. that one was 60 bucks,i would suggest going to sallys beauty supply or any other beauty supply store they can assist you! i asked them but i;m telling you the ghd is the best straightner i'v ever had.
I personally have the Remington S-2004 Teflon Fiber Ceramic 1'; Straightene, cause of the fiber design it doesn't burn hair as much and is a good quality solid design.

I wouldn't say my hair is thick, but I've had some of my gf use it and all were pretty happy.



P.S. And they hae SALE now on http://www.remington-store.com/product_list.asp?CAT=hair%26amp;SKW=remhcl
Well, there is the CHI, the InStyler, and the GHD's make your decision. =D
GHD was the best, New rounder barrel so it's even easier to create perfect curls, waves or flicks, as well as the perfect straight.

Sleep mode is a built in sety feature that gives you peace of mind by turning off if the IV styler is left unattend for 30 minutes
No they are not $200! I don't think I know of one that is $200. Mine was probably about $20-$40 and from Wal-Mart and I think it works fine. You just have to straighten in layers to straighten your thick hair. So I'd suggest just going to a super store to buy one and not wasting your money on some rinestoned $200 one. No offense. Hope this helped.
I use an amiko. I think it was pretty pricey but def not 200. I used to use a conair one, and it worked pretty well, but the amiko works a lot better. look around and do some research. I'm sure ebay would have something too.
I recommend the Babyliss PRO straighteners. They're under $100, usually run from $70-$80. Chi Irons are overated in my opinion. Rusk Flat irons are good.
I have thick unruly hair and I have a metropolis 1'; and have had it for going on 5 years now and it is still going strong I think i paid somewhere in the $120's for it
That is not true AT ALL! I spent $40 on mine and I LOVE it! And I got it at Walmart... haha. Here is the link... It works like a charm. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.d/a>
I like the instyler it works really well.



Here is where I found it.

http://www.getspecialdeals.com/instyler_hair_straightner/
I really love the Remington ';Wet to Straight';....

I think that sounds like it would work.
get the chi best straightner ever:D someone said ';wet to straight'; dont get itD: its crapy for me anyways...
what about the instyler? it works on course hair.
chi:)

No comments:

Post a Comment