Sunday, January 29, 2012

I have been using a hair straightener recently, what products should I use to help the damage?

I got a straightener for Christmas, and I want to use it every day. I have that kind of hair that doesn't look good if you don't do anything with it. It's not curly, wavy, or straight, just kinda... floppy? Lol, can't think of a better word. :p So what kind of shampoo should I be using, and should I be putting products in my hair before/after straightening? Around how much will they cost and where can I buy them?I have been using a hair straightener recently, what products should I use to help the damage?
put a heat protection spray before straighten your hair





try Dove Heat Protecting Spray


it is the best! It is only like $5 and works very well





and deep condition your hair weekly with mayo or other hot oil treatment





from loreal or doveI have been using a hair straightener recently, what products should I use to help the damage?
I totally understand where your comming from, Please what ever you do, try lay off a few days of strightening a week. Maybe weekends if your not doing anything or maybe the day after strightening tie it up. you don't want to ruin your hair now.





Use a nice shampoo like treseme, or a salon kind.


You need to put product in before, I find the spray ones better then the gel. Also to help split ends you might want to use some moisturiser for you hair.





It might cost you a bit, but if you want your hair to look goos, your going to have to be spending a bit.





You can get this stuff from a supermarket for cheap, or the local hairdresser even, but that will cost a little more (:





I hope this helped and good luck
Use shampoo, conditioner, leave-in treatments that claim to straighten your hair.





Use heat protectant spray and straightening serum so you don't damage your hair as much because the heat protectant spray lessens the damage and if you use the straightening serum, you don't need to straighten as much.
Straight out n tell ya...ya need a heat proof spray or lotion prices variey
All hair types have the potential to look good. You don't really have to straighten your hair every day. If you have any curl or wave, you can encourage more, and that could end up looking good. Really well formed curls, without the frizz, look great. To encourage your natural curl, you can use any shampoo, then condition. After conditioning, with your hair VERY wet, add a good amount of any cheap mousse (there are curl types, but any will do), use a lot, and scrunch it in your hair, adding even more water. You want it very wet. Hang your head over, and scrunch and scrunch. Wrap it loosly in a towel and squeeze out some of the water. Scrunch more water out with a dry towel. Pantene makes an excellent Pomade/texture product (small jar, not expensive, sorry, can't think of the name, but it's easy to find...very thick product, you only use a tiny bit). This pomade, scrunched in after as much water as you can scrunch out (it's all about the scrunching) just a tiny bit of this product, it will ';set'; the curls in. Using lots of water with the mousse makes the hair form into nice thick curls, and the pomade helps them hold with shine and softness (better than hair spray). Expensive shampoos and conditioners aren't necessary. Remember, hair is already dead, so all you can do is prevent it from getting damaged. You can't actually ';repair'; hair...only smooth it and use products to make it look healthy. I use to use about $50 worth of product on my curls every month, but then I learned how to encourage my curls using lots of cheap mousse and water. I now spend about $4 per month, and someone compliments me on my hair every day.
  • makeup artist
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment