Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Will a hair straightener be allowed as a carry-on on a flight?

my mom suggested that we just take carry-ons so we wont have to go through the whole trouble of baggage claim etc., but I want to bring my hair straightener on our trip. Will it get caught in security?Will a hair straightener be allowed as a carry-on on a flight?
Hair straighteners are not one of the things that have been banned on airplanes. You will be allowed to carry it on the plane. Be careful with other hair products and such. They are having a major crack down with there 3-1-1 policy. All aresols, gels, and liquids are required to be 3 oz. or smaller and all of them that you have are required to fit in a clear ziplock bag. Happy travels.Will a hair straightener be allowed as a carry-on on a flight?
I would ASSUME it'd be fine, but these days, anything's possible. I had itty bitty nail scissors that they took when they did a random search of my bag... I was in such a hurry that I didn't bother arguing about it and it was too late to check my bag.





So, if it's a concern, I'd say get there early enough that if they say you have to check it, you can.
Hair straighteners aren't on the prohibited items list. Go to http://www.tsa.gov and read the list of prohibited items.





If you aren't going to check anything, make sure that all of your liquids and gels (toothpaste, hand lotion, sunscreen, liquid makeup, shampoo, shaving cream, perfume, body spray, etc.) is all 3 ounces or less in container size. If it's larger, it isn't allowed in your carry-on. Try to prepare before you go through the checkpoint. I have to go through airport security on a weekly basis and it drives me nuts when people don't prepare ahead of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment